Anthony Scotto Restaurants is currently looking for a Sushi Chef for one of our Fine Dining restaurants.
At Anthony Scotto Restaurants, our culinary teams are constantly evolving to keep our offerings fresh and exciting. We accomplish this by using the finest, quality ingredients available, regardless of cost, and updating our menus to reflect the flavors of each season. Our steakhouse cuisine has expanded beyond the classics to include world-renowned sushi and sashimi, exotic cuts of beef, flavorful composed dishes, and fresh seafood flown in from around the globe.
All our restaurants feature award-winning wine lists with over 450 different vintages of wine by the bottle and 40 wines by the glass, plus creative homemade desserts imagined and prepared by our in-house pastry chefs.
Here at Anthony Scotto Restaurants, we believe in cultivating our employees to be the best that fine dining has to offer. We are looking to hire a highly-skilled sushi chef to prepare sushi dishes following food health and safety regulations and restaurant standards. The sushi chef’s responsibilities include preparing traditional Japanese sushi rice, chopping, slicing, and filleting various kinds of fish, and placing orders for supplies as needed. You should also be able to customize customers’ orders according to preferences and food allergy considerations.
To be successful as a sushi chef, you should ensure that all ingredients used in dishes are highest quality. Ultimately, an exceptional sushi chef should work well under pressure and maintain restaurant standards during busy periods.
UNPARALLELED COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Industry-leading salaries
- Revenue-based quarterly bonuses- Our success is your success!
- United Health Care Oxford – medical Insurance with company contribution
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
HIGH LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
We are looking for individuals looking to be leaders and innovators in the culinary world to drive our business forward.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Expertly cutting, slicing, and filleting different types of fish.
- Inspect the quality of fruits, vegetables, and fish used to prepare sushi dishes and inform the Executive Chef when quality is sub-standard.
- Preparing various sushi dishes according to established guidelines on quality, portion size, presentation, and food safety.
- Maintaining a clean work environment to prevent food contamination.
- Regularly taking inventory of food supplies and other products.
- Reporting any problems with kitchen equipment to the manager on duty.
- Sterilizing all utensils, instruments, and equipment used in sushi preparation before every use.
- Communicating with wait staff to ensure that special requests and food allergy considerations are satisfied.
HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD:
Anthony Scotto Restaurants has achieved great success, and we are just getting started. This position is your opportunity to make decisions to help shape a growing company. This position will have regular exposure to ownership and significantly influence company development decisions, from operational practices to company culture to service standards. We take the opinion of our team very seriously.
- Bachelor’s degree in the culinary arts
- Food Protection Certificate
- Proven experience in a fine dining establishment
- Ability to manage an entire kitchen.
- Budgeting skills to control costs
- Incredible food preparation abilities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Deep knowledge of fine dining and industry-leading trends
- Impeccable time management skills
- Creative menu knowledge and development skills