We are looking for a motivated technical professional to join our team as a Level 1 Help Desk Technician!
This person is primarily responsible for providing help desk support to the staff and administration, of a client in Nassau County.
- Provide telephone technical support to all staff and administrators
- Provide resolution and assistance to Windows related problems
- Provide resolution and assistance for printer related issues
- Network access troubleshooting and repair
- Hardware and software support for Windows PCs
- Diagnosis and removal of malware (viruses, spyware, etc)
- Enter, retrieve, forward, edit, and close service tickets using electronic ticketing system.
- Provide resolution and assistance to standard supported applications: MS Office, Internet Explorer, Antivirus and other supported proprietary applications and systems
- Log and update all calls into Ticketing System
- Install and repair faulty or damaged operating system software
- Create and file paperwork in reference to software repair and recovery
- Setup and take-down of audio visual equipment
- A+ certification and Dell certified (a plus)
- Windows 7 / 10 expertise
- 1-2 years experience in hardware and software support
- Industry recognized Help Desk Certification and/or help desk environment experience A PLUS
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications and the Internet
- Excellent customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled with organization, decision making and time management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems
- Knowledgeable on software installations
Custom Computer Specialists Offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical and dental plans
- Company Paid Vision and Short and long term disability plans
- Flexible spending programs including Healthcare, Dependent Care, Transit and Parking
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Center (or gym membership reimbursement for client or satellite based employees)
- Company paid life Insurance
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Technical certification gift card rewards program
Custom Computer Specialists, Inc. is one of the largest Technical Consultants on Long Island, celebrating over 40 years in business! We continue to successfully provide network integration, support services, products solutions, and applications services to our valued clients in the northeast. Our focus is simple…our goal is to make technology easy and to help our clients use it as effectively as possible. Come experience our unique culture, and see how our “right people, right results” philosophy has led to our outstanding success!
Custom Computer Specialists is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.