Amber Waves is seeking a qualified Barista to join our team. Summertime at Amber Waves is an exciting and dynamic season at the farm, requiring passion for quality coffee and top-notch customer service. As a Barista, you will assume responsibility for all aspects of espresso production, on-the-job education and training of team members.
- Oversight of the espresso program from menu seasonal menu development, liaising on supply ordering, quality control and equipment maintenance
- Craft high quality espresso, latte art, and teas
- Serve pastries and manage the POS at the espresso station
- Train staff to maintain and uphold all café standards and policy
- Execute food safety protocols
- Engage with customers to represent the Amber Wave’s mission, build strong customer relationships, and champion seasonality.
Skills & Qualifications:
- +1 year of experience as a barista in specialty coffee and a mastery of La Marzocco machines
- Food retail, hospitality, and/or customer service experience is preferred
- Food Handler’s License preferred, not required
- Strong ability to multitask and problem solve quickly
- Friendly energetic personality with excellent customer service, strong communication skills and enthusiasm to share knowledge
- Extreme attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Work Schedule & Compensation:
- Full-time: 40-60 hrs/week; two guaranteed days off/week
- $20-23/hr, depending on experience
- Flexibility to work shifts, weekends, and holidays
The Barista may also cross train in the Market and Kitchen to support other managers and maintain a full-time work schedule in the off season.