Community Engagement Coordinator
Part Time (21 hours/week)
The Community Engagement Coordinator will help advance the The Heckscher Museum of Arts audience development and community engagement initiatives through in-person events and virtual
programs. This staff member will play a key role in developing, organizing, and maintaining new community partnerships. Reports to the Development team. The Heckscher Museum of Art, Huntington, NY, is a leading source of art and inspiration on Long Island.
o Research, contact, and secure speakers/special guests for new monthly dinner with the museum director series, and other new community engagement programs throughout the 2023 season, in collaboration with other members of the Museum staff.
o Solicit and secure donations of food/beverage for community engagement events from local restaurants/bars (and/or underwriting from corporations for such events).
o Manage online registration set-up/payment systems for new community programs and events (including monthly dinners with the museum director).
o Create promotional descriptions for website, magazine, and other marketing and social media uses.
o Source and purchase supplies for community engagement programs and events.
o Manage event logistics in coordination with Development Team and Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds.
o Setup and breakdown events, including clean up and return of rentals.
o Manage logistics and setup for Zoom or in-person events, including running rehearsal and practice Zoom sessions for speakers.
o Ensure speaker PowerPoints are ready and functional.
o Help to promote membership at events and programs.
o Serve as a community ambassador for the Museum.
o Work with Executive Director on developing strategic partnerships in the community.
o Attend meetings with key community leaders with Executive Director.
· Experience in developing and implementing public programs and/or special events.
· Excellent writing, editing, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
· Highly organized and attentive to detail.
· Friendly, outgoing connector with passion for problem solving.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and social media platforms: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, FB, Instagram.
· Proficiency in Zoom, including experience managing Zoom webinars.
· Available to work a flexible schedule to accommodate Museum activities. This includes periodic evening and weekend hours, as necessary. (The Monthly Dinners with the Director series is tentatively scheduled to take place one Thursday per month. This position will be required to manage set-up and break-down of these events and be on-site throughout the dinner).
· Comfortable interacting with different constituencies.
· Spanish language proficiency, preferred.
· High School degree required.
Compensation: $22-28/hour commensurate with skills and experience
How to Apply: No phone calls please. Email resume and cover letter describing interest in this position and applicable skills.