Adult Literacy Regional Coordinator/
Literacy Suffolk is looking for an adult literacy coordinator to join our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for guiding volunteers through the process of tutor/tester training and ultimately being matched with a student.
Responsibilities (may include others)
· Process new tutor applications and registration forms
· Arrange tutor/student matches
· Provide continual educational support and materials to tutors in region.
· Communicating with the libraries in the region.
· Participate in volunteer fairs
· Maintain accurate records
· Facilitate tutor support meetings
· Provide Spanish translations as needed. (preferred but not required)
Good English communication skills
Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Good computer skills – email, Microsoft Office, Google Docs
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Willingness to learn new skills